5 Tips to Prevent the Common Cold
It's that time of year, cold season. The common cold can ravage day to day lives, sneezing, coughing, sore throats and fevers galore. While the common cold is highly contagious there are several things you can do today to help fight the chances of catching it. These tips to fight off a cold are easy to accomplish and being able to get through the year without catching one is a great feat, so start the battle today by getting a little bit more exercise.
1. Get Some ExerciseRegular exercise can help build your immune system, and of course help you keep fit. Aside from helping prevent the acquisition of a cold, if you have found yourself already suffering from one, a little exercise has been proven to help those with a cold feel better faster, but only if you're able to.
2. Don't StressIf you're able to let the small stuff slide theres a lot better chance that you won't have to deal with coughing and wheezing this winter. The longer you're stressed out the more likely you are to end up catching a cold if exposed to the bug, but studies suggest the stress usually needs to be persistent for a month or more.
3. Be SocialThe more you mingle the less likely you'll stay out of a relationship, with a cold that is. Larger social settings and relationships mean you're going to be exposed to more cold germs which allows your immunity system to get pumped up to fight off new strands.
4. Stay HydratedYour body needs fluids in order to properly operate, specifically water. Be sure to constantly hydrate yourself at all times of the year, but especially if you're trying to fight off illness. Dehydration can cause vitamin C to crystallize in the kidney stones and bladder, creating stones.
5. Get Some SleepStudies show that those who sleep more than 8 hour of sleep a night are less likely to catch a cold than those who get 7 or less hours. Even minor hiccups in your sleep pattern, waking up 10-45 minutes earlier than usual once a week can actually increase your chances of catching a cold. So rest easy!
For more tips on how to fight a cold in Louisville contact Dr. Lawrence Rueff, MD. The personal physician will be able to diagnose and help relieve colds as well as develop plans to help prevent the catching of a cold. For personal health care in Louisville give Lawrence Rueff, M.D. a call at (502) 287-1599. He specializes in preventative and internal medicine to help you stay healthy everyday!
Lawrence Rueff, M.D. Blog
Written and Published By MORBiZ
5 Reasons to Start Seeing a Personal Physician
5 Simple Steps for Expert Handwashing
5 Tips For Preventing Coronavirus Transmission
What can I do to maintain healthy blood pressure?
How to Tell the Difference Between a Cold and an Allergic Reaction
How can I prevent catching a cold or the flu?
6 Signs that it's Time for a Mental Health Appointment
7 Lifestyle Tips for Reducing Your Risk of Heart Disease
5 Benefits of Seeing a Concierge Doctor
Important Reasons to Get a Seasonal Flu Shot
Follow these Hand-Washing Steps to Prevent the Spread of Germs
What are good exercises for people who suffer joint pain?
Stay Healthier this Summer by Following these 6 Tips
How can I reduce my risk of type-2 diabetes?
Why switch to a personal physician?
Tips for Preventing High Blood Pressure
When should I schedule a mental health appointment?
Tips for Reducing Your Chances of Catching a Cold or the Flu
Why should I start going to a concierge doctor?
Why You Should Get a Flu Shot
Tips on Reducing Your Risk of Heart Disease
Am I experiencing a cold or an allergic reaction?
Top Benefits of Having a Personal Physician
Lifestyle Habits that Can Help to Reduce Your Risk of Type-2 Diabetes
6 Habits for Great Health this Summer
6 Exercises for People Who Experience Joint Pain
5 Reasons to Have Your Own Concierge Doctor
The Five Steps of Thorough Hand Washing
Why is high blood pressure dangerous and how can I avoid it?
6 Signs that You Should Schedule a Mental Health Checkup
5 Advantages of Switching to a Concierge Doctor
5 Ways to Help Avoid Catching a Cold or the Flu
Debating whether or not to get a flu shot? Here are six reasons why you should
What can I do to lessen my risk of type-2 diabetes?
4 Reasons to Start Seeing a Concierge Doctor
5 Tips for Great Summertime Health
Tips on Preventing America's #1 Killer: Heart Disease
Why should I choose a concierge doctor?
6 Lifestyle Tips to Avoid High Blood Pressure
6 Tips on Telling Apart a Cold and an Allergic Reaction
The Benefits of Having a Concierge Doctor
Why Should I Get a Flu Shot?
5 Reasons to Switch to a Personal Physician
5 Symptoms that Suggest You Should See a Doctor for a Mental Health Consultation
How can a personal physician benefit me?
Which exercises should I do if I suffer from joint pain?
4 Ways to Help Maintain Good Health This Summer
5 Ways a Personal Physician Can Help You Stay Healthy
What can I do to lessen my chances of catching a cold?
What can I do to help prevent heart disease?
Why should I start seeing a personal physician?
5 Tips on How to Help Prevent Type-2 Diabetes
When should I make a mental health appointment?
Three Aspects Well-Being that are Areas of Focus for a Personal Physician
Why Choose a Personal Physician?
6 Reasons to Get a Flu Shot
Here's what a great personal physician in Louisville can do for you
5 Tips on Preventing Heart Disease
5 Services Provided by a Reputable Personal Physician
Tips on washing your hands to help prevent the spread of germs
4 Lifestyle Choices to Help Prevent Type-2 Diabetes
How to Naturally Avoid High Blood Pressure
3 Signs that it's Time for a Mental Health Check-up
Hot Tips to Avoid Holiday Sickness!
Why Should Seniors Regularly Exercise in the Winter
5 Tips to Prevent the Common Cold
4 Tips for Better Health this Fall
How to Find a Physician in Louisville
What is Internal Medicine?
Do You Have a Cold or Allergies?
Four Effective, Unusual Workouts
4 Tips for a Healthy Summer
6 Low-Impact Exercises for Managing Joint Pain
Can I Get a More Personal Healthcare Experience?
5 Benefits of a Personal Physician in Louisville